Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Up, up, and away
















I fly out of Tampa Wednesday afternoon, with final moments until then spent packing, hanging out with the family, and trying to untie this big ol' knot in my stomach.

I'm thinking a lot about the state of global politics as I leave the comforts of home. I also made a final call to my Congresswoman today, asking her to do what she can to end the war in Iraq and Lebanon--two conflicts that I feel are making the world immeasurably more dangerous for all of us.

At the same time, I'm inspired by friends and loved ones who are doing what they can to bring these conflicts to an end. Please support their efforts:

*Military Families Speak Out against the war in Iraq

*Hold Israel accountable for using US-supplied weapons to target Palestinian and Lebanese civilians

For my environmentalist pals, I came across an article in "The Nation" the other day that discusses new directions for the environmental movement: Green Grows Grassroots. If you've got an interest and a little spare time, I'd love to hear your response. I liked a lot of what I read, and will probably pick up Hertsgaard's book, "Earth Odyssey: Around the World In Search of Our Environmental Future." I couldn't help but question though if there weren't still some serious contradictions that he failed to address in this article. Overall it reminded me how divergent our analyses are of what exactly lies at the base of the "environment problem" and what that means in terms of addressing it.

Anyway, below are my new contact details, best as I can muster. Please keep me in your thoughts and posted on your happenings. I'll do the same.

Much luv,

jason fults
c/o S. C. Gupta
C-96, Ground Floor
Greater Kailash Part 1
New Delhi 110048
India

Jason's Travel log

"...PRONOIA. Ever heard the word? The opposite of 'paranoia,' it means a sneaking suspicion that the whole world is conspiring to shower you with blessings."
--Rob Brezsny, Salon.com, August 2000

4 comments:

kateza'atar said...

Have fun and be safe, chicken. I'll miss you a lot, and you will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep in touch!

much love,
kate

4628 Baltimore Ave 2A
Philadelphia, PA 19143

dPlex said...

It is good to see you packed in a little wealthy man's liesure before your quest for truth and the pauper and seeker's existence on the high seas and exotic lands afar. I look forward to each and every isntallment of Sisyphus' Travels (better read than said). Take care and have a tremendous trip!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

you make me contemplate opening a blogger account, just like you convinced me to go the way of the travelpod. i think i'm saying that i want to be like you. that's why i'm moving to China to do research alongside you. i hope you've picked out a bed that's large enough for the both of us, because my bed simply won't suffice.